This document describes the methods and practices used by the company in pursuit of its Environmental Policy, in order to ensure that environmental issues are always considered in conducting the company’s activities.
The company is conscious of the growing concern for the environment and is committed to enforce responsible policies and procedures to this effect, applying to all personnel, and all activities.
In pursuit of the above Orbit Moving and Storage Ltd. and its employees shall:
- Minimize electricity consumption through responsible usage
- Recycle waste materials wherever possible (Paper, Cardboard, Aluminium, Toner cartridges, Tyres, Plastics, Oils, Electronics, Electricals, Batteries & Metal, etc)
- Re-use Operational Materials within the constraints of the Industry
- Use environmentally friendly products where possible
- Maintain all vehicles on a regular basis with a view to reduce pollution and increase safety
- Use vehicles with catalytic converters and/or use “Clean” fuel wherever possible
- Collect used packing materials from our customers following a HHG’s DTD service
- Use filtered “Well” water for watering gardens on OB property where possible
- Comply with all appropriate legislation
Additionally, when selecting its Suppliers the company takes into consideration their Environmental Policy in order to ensure that this is in line our own commitment in this area.
Finally, the company always seeks ways in which to improve our performance and this equally applies to our environmental responsibility. Therefore, with this in mind we encourage employees to actively review the methods used in performing their duties and forward any proposals for possible improvements through the appropriate channels (i.e. Supervisor, Manager, Head of Department, etc).